Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Major Shoot - Done and Dusted.

I finished my Major shoot Sunday before last and have enjoyed the ensuing week, spending time back home in London and out in the countryside with the family. The shoot itself was not too tiresome or stressful and could even have been condensed into 3 days I feel. The weekend of shooting coincided with one of my housemates birthdays so I did what most of my coursemates would consider as mad and went out on the night before my final day of shooting but it bore no major consequences, and overall I feel the shoot went well. I have captured the first and third tapes and already cut together a few scenes with the footage looking good, the second tape has a lot of the cool shit on it so that will be fun to capture (never thought I'd say that!) as well as it was to shoot. I'm especially looking forward to the slow-mo stuff with the secretart/shampoo ad scene which should look insanely hot!

My main actor, Guillaume (or G-man to his mates, and everyone else), is a guy that I have worked with - although briefly - before. I only gained his services a few days before the actual shoot after a fruitless search of the local actors on casting call pro. I told him that I had seen him in Westside Story and thought he was really good which seemed to win him over, and shows that flattery does get you a long way! He was a good actor which I already knew about, but could also play the varying styles required of my protagonist, Nate. My lead lady, Christina, who I got to play the hard-nosed and unforgiving character of Miranda was also a very good pick, I got her through casting call pro. It also offered a new experience of having children, her children, on set, although they were very well behaved! On the Saturday morning we worked with Kim, she was very professional and was obviously used to being directed, as I have mentioned before a scene should look good! My other actors playing the character of Posh Boy and New Media Type played there roles... uniquely. I say uniquely because I wouldn't describe their acting as good, but there general personae fit the characters well. Adam, who plays the character of Posh Boy, seemed to fit the bill of a Posh Dickhead almost perfectly with his after wrap confrontation of me in front of my entire crew and cast asking for an extra £12.50 that had not, in my opinion, been pre-arranged, but because of the awkwardness of the situation I caved in (I should explain now that these characters are imagined to be in a comparison website advert called Compare-a-Dickhead.com, although I do consider him a bit of a dickhead anyway). Tom, the guy playin New Media Man was just a bit weird.

I used the same crew as for my Minor, Jack on Camera, James on Sound, Chris PM, Callum PA and Charlie will be helping me out with the credit. I feel as a group on set (without obviously the PM and Editor) we all get on well and as a result the mood on the shoot was very fun and relaxed, G-man also aided to that with his involvement in our jokes.

All I can hope now is that it turns out well as a finished article.

No comments:

Post a Comment